Re: VARIETY THE CHILDREN’S CHARITY – CAR 17 FUNDRAISING.
For the eighth year we will be taking part in the Victorian Variety Bash event as Car 17 and we are once again seeking support of our entry in the 2015 event.
To be eligible to participate in the Variety Bash, our team is required to fundraise a minimum of $7,000 on behalf of Variety. We do this through the collection of donations, acquiring sponsors and by hosting our major
fundraising event at The Centre Ivanhoe on Saturday 25 July, 2015 (see Below).
Over the years we have been involved with Variety and with a bit of hard work and the tremendous support of family, friends and numerous businesses we have been fortunate enough to have raised around $300,000
for Variety and we are hoping this year will be just as successful.
Meals, accommodation, fuel and other personal items required during the Bash event are fully funded by the crew of Car 17 and not by any money we fundraise.
Last year due to your ongoing and generous support we had the privilege to focus our funds not only to Variety but also towards an inspirational family and their special needs daughter Jasmyn. Those of you who
attended last year’s fundraiser night will recall The crew of Car 17 presenting to the Family a certificate for the supply and installation for a mobile hoist / track system to will allow Jasmyn to move herself around the home
and give her some independence.
Again with your support we can be in a position to support other families with sick, disadvantaged an special needs kids. You can assist us in one or more of the following ways:
- Making a donation to our Bash Car 17 which will go towards assisting children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs and all donations receive a tax deductable receipt.
- Providing us with goods and or services that we can use to auction off at our major fundraiser at The Centre Ivanhoe on Saturday 25 July, 2015.
- We have advertising space on the car and sides of the roof boot ( see attached photos ). Sponsor our car by donating $250.00 and we will place your logo / company details on the side. The more you donate the more sides your logo is placed.
- Attending our fundraiser on 25th July 2015. Bookings can be made on trybooking.com/74839 or by contacting one of the crew. (see below).
- Purchase raffle tickets (see attached flyer) .
Variety the children’s charity provides individuals and organisations with equipment that improves the quality of life of thousands of children with special needs. Items such as wheelchairs, communications devices, prosthetic limbs, Sunshine Coaches and Liberty Swings are granted by Variety each year. With no Government funding it is through the generosity of the community that enables Variety to impact the lives of 25,000 Victorian children each year. Those whom attended the fundraiser last year took part in the presenting a
The Variety Bash originally started in 1985 by adventurer and entrepreneur Dick Smith who took a few mates for a road trip in the Australian outback. Since 1992 the Victorian Variety Bash have travelled in excess of 95,000 kilometres around Australia and have raised over $19.6 million for children in Victoria.
By helping us support this unique and amazing event you will be instrumental in helping bring sunshine into the lives of many very special children and your consideration of support for Car 17 will be greatly appreciated.
If you require any additional information or clarification of our activities I would be more than happy to assist and we in Car 17 thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to your response.